Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 20 September 2020.
Associate Network Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide service to ISD client community, patients, families, and visitors, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures.
- Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours.
- Participate in developing cross functional business and technical requirements for the enterprise.
- Demonstrate understanding knowledge of the design, implementation, and scale of the corporate production network.
- Implement using guidelines developed for the deployment and management of the network data centre infrastructure and cabling plant.
- Participate in network projects, troubleshooting, planning installation and management to deadlines.
- Utilise the tools, software and hardware to create a scalable, resilient, and responsive network.
- Evaluate new hardware platforms and services.
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day-to-day work and projects.
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary.
- Typically has familiarity with IP networking and network design through education or practical experience.
- Basic level competence in IP routing and switching technologies and protocols. Basic level knowledge of QoS and queueing theory.
- Ability to understand and implement routing configuration.
- Understanding knowledge of networking carrier grade hardware and software.
- Exposure to managing enterprise systems, applications, and endpoints with tools.
- Basic network troubleshooting and resolution skill set.
- Collaborate with members of the engineering team on scaling.
- Exposure to maintaining a 24 x 7 x 365 network infrastructure.
- Basic understanding in communication and collaborative technologies.
- Strong documentation skill set.
- Preferred Qualifications: Alcatel-Lucent, NRS I, and Cisco CCNA.
- Exposure to SDN.
- Experience in programming and scripting network automation.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Outreach Centre in Carlow, and UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield Hospital and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.