Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Co-Ordinator, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 14 June 2020.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports to: Financial Controller
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a minimum of two years accounts receivable and collection experience to join an experienced team in managing the complete AR process. The accounts receivable (AR) specialist is responsible for performing all duties necessary to facilitate the claims collation, invoicing, and collection of payments for patient hospital admissions. These duties may include but are not limited to account follow-up with insurance payers, contact with patients, and other third parties as required.
The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Insurance verification prior to admission.
- Claims collation and invoicing of claims in a timely and efficient manner.
- Management of unbilled claims and working with our business partners to ensure timely submission of claims.
- Resolution of queries with both internal and external business partners.
- Daily review of inbound cash and application of payments to customer accounts.
- Daily collections calls and communications with customer and resolution of open disputes.
- Support the team with on-going projects to ensure accurate, efficient, and compliant order processing.
- Run AR reports for management review.
- Answer customer enquiries on invoice disputes.
- Overall support of the credit and collections process.
- Two or more years of customer service and accounts experience.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Whitfield Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Centre.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.