Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Co-Ordinator, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 24 July 2020.
Full Time Permanent Role
UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Waterford
Reports to: Finance Manager
As UPMC in Ireland continues its expansion of services this position offers an exciting opportunity to join the existing finance team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in performing finance tasks and working within a finance team.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join an experienced team. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask, and be a strong communicator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inter-company accounting.
- Fixed assets.
- Post nominal ledger transactions for the group.
- Complete nominal ledger reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the treasury function.
- Prepare accruals and prepayments.
- Manage sundry debtor accounts.
- Support stock counts as required.
- Complete daily cash count and reconciliation.
- Prepare bank lodgements.
- Fixed asset posting and reporting.
- Support accounts payable.
- Ad hoc reporting and account analysis.
- Support year-end audit.
Education and Skills Requirements
- Previous experience as an Accounts Assistant supporting a busy finance department.
- Be qualified or part qualified accounting technician ideal but not essential.
- Business degree preferred.
- Be able to work on one’s own initiative and within a team.
- Possess strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Excel.
- As UPMC grows so will the requirements of this role, candidates should be able to display experience of developing processes and procedures in line with company growth.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.